I am back with part 2 of my “Back to God”- back to school series. (1 post left ) I hope everyone has gotten back into the groove of everything and have had an easy transition into this new school year!
School is one of the most stressful times of someones life, whether its homework, tests, quizzes, studying, deadlines, people, drama, or even school itself! It is just stressful all around. Not that I am a master at stress relief- because trust me, I know how to get stressed out! But I think learning from others lessons and tips and tricks to make your school experience easier is always helpful.
- God is always there for you: You are not alone, when you feel like you are drowning in school just remember who is at your side. Wanting you to lean on Him in the hard (and good) times. He wants you to find peace and rest in Him.
- Whats most important?: Don’t worry about the little things, give yourself some perspective and really think about how important what you are doing is. If you get a horrible grade it is not going to ruin your life.
- Work your hardest: I’ve learned that if you work your hardest then no matter what grade you get you know you did all you could do! Rather then not work hard, and constantly thinking about the things you should have done!
- Do not procrastinate: I am very guilty of this! I am the procrastination queen. But it never feels good when I am working into the night hours on an assignment when it could have been done earlier if I didn’t procrastinate. You will feel so good if you get everything done early, because then you can do whatever you want and not have homework over your head.
- Find the fun in school: It may not seem like it at times but school has lots of fun opportunities! Having an extra curricular activity always helps me get through the day and give me something to look forward to. Whether its theater, sports, band, art, fun activities will be a major stress relief.
- Friends: If you find the right group of friends, they should be their to support you through hard times! Sometimes they will get on you nerves, but hopefully they are the type of people that will support you and encourage through challenges. And having great friends that can make you laugh and have fun with makes school not seem so tough!
Something that has been heavy on my heart lately is that I have been finding peace in worldly things, when what I need to do is let the scripture be my peace. So I hope that you find comfort in these verses in times of stress or worry and hold on to them always.
James 1:2-4 ” Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
John 14:27 ” Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
Philippians 4:6-7 ” Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
1 Peter 5:7 – “ Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you”
I hope you enjoyed part 2 of “Back to God” series! Following Wandering with Grace to receive an email each time I post so you wont miss out on any of the action. Leave a comment down below on what you think about this series!